Thread: The Word of God
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Stephanos,

I looked at it from your veiw for many years and the only reasonable way is to rightly divide the scripture. So stop accusing me of being closed minded. that is your opinion it is wrong but your opinion never the less.but you tell me what your feel is the Context of Mattew 5:42? Your mind seem more made up and unswayable than mine.

I have divided away nothing from the scriptures nor added to it. I didn't tell any one not to obey any commandment of Christ or God. I said not all scripture is applicable to them today. there is a big difference between those things. Telling them certain scriptures are not apllicable today is not telling people to not keep the comandments of Christ or God. Those are false accusations of yours towards me and other dispensationalist on this site. Hyper dispensationalist do what you say. but we are not them so don't confuse us with them. There is a right way and a wrong way to divide scripture. But either way it must be done.

I took nothing out of context using Matthew 5:42 in the object lesson I challenged you with. but you tell me what your feel is the Context of Mattew 5:42? for me it is Jesus teaching Israel to prepare them for the Earhtly Kingdom that He has come to set up. Did he set up the Earthly Kingdom? Not yet.

Ok so I want to give your the benefit of the doubt. You've said how important it is in keeping context in finding a practicle application of srcripture, the one we are discussing is Matt 5:42. What is your practicle application of this scripture in context for today?
I think Jesus came to set an example for all men on how we should live our lives (again I do agree there is context here, Jesus had requirements that we don't. We are not an High Priest of the order of Melchizedek, nor are we God in sandals ^_^) Are we going to walk in His footsteps at all times while we walk in this grave of a body? I don't believe so. If you truly needed money and were here now to ask me for it (and I had money, mind you) then it would be within Christ's teaching for me to give to you. Remember Chette, Satan asked Jesus to do three different things (one for Satan himself in the end) in Matthew 4:1-11, and Jesus gave him instead the Word of God. So in His example I will give unto you a Word from the Lord:

1 Timothy 6:6-10 But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Philippians 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

So, brother, know that it is wise to be content with what our God has given you. If I believed that you were in need, truly I would give what was within my power to give, but I know differently, and shall keep what little money I have been entrusted with, as a steward of God's money, for my needs and those of the brethren I have regular fellowship with (for I know they have needs).

for Jesus' sake,
Stephen