View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
To ask someone, especially someone who was in my situation, whereby my sin was leading me to destruction to first, "turn away from sin" is horribly wrong! Our sin must be carried to the foot of that blessed cross where our LORDS precious blood was shed for the remission of our sins, we turn TO Christ WITH our sins, not turn away from sins so we can to turn to Christ.
That's right Brother POTW! Inviting or encouraging a person to turn away from sin before turning to Christ is not possible and promotes a "works" oriented salvation.

Brother Chette, I agree with you.

You wrote, "My point is in the scriptures not even Paul uses the law to convict Gentiles of sin. list out all of Paul's preachings in the book of Acts he never uses the law. but many were saved. What make Ray's way better than Paul's?"

Ray's way of using the law is not better, of course, but I think it's a way though to lead people to Jesus. I'm saying that the Holy Spirit can use the Law of God to bring awareness and conviction to the hearts of men in order to show the need of salvation which is through Christ Jesus.

Jesus Christ must be preached. He is the hope of glory. "Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel. What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice" (Philippians 1:15-18).