View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 08:45 AM

Hey Chette
I will agree that Ray Comfort is sound in most scripture, as I'm sure brother Luke was as he was one time involved in Rays teaching, there is something horribly wrong with his route to salvation, in a exert from his website he states the way to salvation is this.
You must turn away from sin and turn to God. Desire to have NOTHING to do with sin, and surrender your life to the One who can save you.

Now, I don't know about anyone else here on this forum but I was so completely entrenched in my sins and overwhelmed by them that I had NO OTHER CHOICE but to carry my sins wrapped up in the rags of my life and take them to The LORD Jesus Christ, to the foot of the cross and say "Please LORD, I CANNOT BEAR THIS ON MY OWN, SAVE ME FOR I AM NOTHING AND YOU ARE ALL", for I could not save myself.

Psalms 116:13
I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
Romans 10:13
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

To ask someone, especially someone who was in my situation, whereby my sin was leading me to destruction to first, "turn away from sin" is horribly wrong! Our sin must be carried to the foot of that blessed cross where our LORDS precious blood was shed for the remission of our sins, we turn TO Christ WITH our sins, not turn away from sins so we can to turn to Christ.

Matthew 26:28
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Romans 3:25
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;