View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 10:43 AM

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:" (1 Corinthians 15:1-4).

Hello Brother Chette. Men do indeed complicate and, in many cases, corrupt the gospel of Christ--making it fit their particular level of understanding or frame of reference. Like you, I also believe that Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but by Him. We should not "add" to the simplicity of Christ and the message of redemption.

I do not know Brother Ray Comfort personally, but I've always sensed that he simply puts a lot of emphasis on "how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures" by using the the Law to show that Jesus Christ died for our sins. I love that verse in 1 John that says He is "...the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world" (1 John 2:2).

I certainly believe it's permitted for us to use the "Ten Commandments" to show a person his or her sinfulness and need of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. In saying that, I firmly believe that if we simply preach Jesus Christ, and Him crucified, men will be saved. He is enough!

Last edited by Forrest; 09-20-2008 at 10:48 AM.