View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 12:41 AM
LutheranChurchChina

Default "in the regenerating waters of baptism".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Brother Smith,
We will pray that the work on the Bible will progress unhindered. I guess the MV followers will now start throwing rocks at CKJBO's.

On your site it says, "in the regenerating waters of baptism". Could you elaborate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Bro. Smith,

Bro. Tim does make a good point.

I'd also like to know what this means.

Atlas
Ok, I think I've figured out how to reply correctly now..

I can see how "in the regenerating waters of baptism" can lead to confusion and removed it from our web page.

Every Christian begins his Church membership by being solemnly baptized with water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Baptism, also, is a sign of regeneration or new birth. As St. Paul says, “As many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.” (Gal. iii. 27.)

Regeneration, it is that complete change of heart and character which the Holy Spirit works in a person when he/she becomes a real Christian. We call it “a death unto sin, and a new birth unto righteousness.” It is the same thing as being “born again,” or “born of God,” or “born of the Spirit.” “Except a man be born again” means “except a man be regenerate.” “If any man be in Christ, he isa new creature;” that is, he is “born again, or regenerate.” (John iii. 3; 2 Cor. v. 17.)