View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 07:33 AM
grace to me

Diligent ;
Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

the all in this verse doesn't mean all without exception it explains it later in the verse , as many as the Lord shall call , Gods word uses the word all in other places to not mean all inclusive ,

1COR.9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

All in this verse obviously doesn't mean all things without exception or you could say Paul became an idolator to the idolators or a sodomite to the sodomites etc. ,its obvious in this verse all is spoken of in a limited sense .

2 COR.13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all . Amen.

Paul is addressing the Corinthian Church here , the all spoke of here is the all he was addressing not the whole world without exception.

EPH.1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

The all things in this verse is obviously not all inclusive , he doesn't work any iniquity after the counsel of his own will etc.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

to take this verse as a proof text the word all would have to be defined ,
it could be all the people Titus was pastoring , it could be all belivers, etc.

Atlas:2 Pet. 3:9

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

This verse is written to like precious faith chapter 1 verse 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
this is another instance where the word all is not all inclusive , but a certain group.
this is written to believers the us-ward and any and all in 2 PET.3:9 refer to believers . i hope that clears it up for you.

jim