View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 11:25 PM
grace to me

[ Beleif alone faith alone is how a person is saved today, kept today and brought into the fullness of the image of Christ. ]

Did Paul's faith [ will ] save him or was it God that gave him a new heart?
HE WAS IN UNBELIEF
Your faith is a work we aren't saved by works .

ACTS 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.
3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

faith alone is not how a person gets saved today , show me scripture .
your leaving Christ totally out of the salvation .

Rom. 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

they have not all obeyed the gospel[ FOR ] [EXPLAINING WHAT HE MEANT WHEN HE SAID THEY WEREN'T OBEYING ] Who hath believed our report?
When they weren't believing they weren't obeying, believing the gospel is an act of obedience , thats why our believing cannot be what justifies us , its by the obedience of one , and that one is Jesus Christ.
jim