Thread: Repentance
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Hello all! My name is Josh, I'm new here.

This topic is very important to me as well. The Bible tells us that repentance is in the plan of salvation. Paul says is Romans 10:9-10 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

So where does the repentance come in some may say? 2 Timothy 2:24-26 says "And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all [men], apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And [that] they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will."

The Holy Bible has it's own "built in dictionary", and according to the Bible repentance is a change of mind and heart from rejecting the Gospel, to "the acknowledging of the truth", and believing the Gospel. Without this acknowledging/chang of mind/repentance, there is o salvation, for to truly accept it, you must first have a change of heart from believing the lies of the devil, to believing the truth of Jesus Christ.

May peace and grace abound,

Josh
Exactly, this is what I believe. I can just picture Peter telling people to repent of their unbelief in the Lord Jesus Christ whom they had just crucified. This is the key here, they crucified Him because their hearts were heardened in unbelief, and Peter is calling out to them to soften their hearts and change their mind towards the Truth of Jesus Christ as the Son of God, dead buried and risen! Jesus LIVES!

Thanks Josh.

A brother in Christ Jesus,
Stephen