Thread: Repentance
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbiwolski View Post
From warning no. 1 above..."defining the word biblically is crucial."
Yes, I understand what you are saying. My only point is that the majority think that is what repentance unto salvation is; simply to be sorry for sin. We know that it is much more than that and that repentance, (change of mind that leads to change of life) and faith in Jesus go hand in hand.

If you ask someone if they have repented, they tend to say something like, "sure I repent every day" or they may say that they confess their sins to a Priest. Many do not understand what repentance unto salvation is.

There are two types of repentance:

1, Repentance for unbelievers for salvation
Quote:
Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Quote:
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
2, repentance for believers from daily sin
Quote:
Revelation 2:5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
Quote:
Revelation 2:16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
Quote:
Revelation 2:21-22 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.