View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Doxa

Default My comment

When I looked at the messages here, I thought I would add my thoughts, if it is all right?
Paul in the New Testament talked about us not offending, and when it comes to music, I think about the different Christian communities throughout the centuries, and that there was a lot of conformity to the different view groups.
I think that is essential what Paul advised about eating certain foods, etc.,. I think in the same way, it applies to music.
For the Psalms are rich in ways to praise and worship God.
Yet, there are communities past and present who do not wish to use instruments, and others use everything that makes noise.

I think about, what I would consider a great example, about when Paul talks about a woman covering her head. Over the centuries there are women who have covered their head in church and out of church.
But what if it is actually true what we read in Christian history books, that at the time of Paul, women who were prostitutes shaved their heads, and Paul was merely telling the women to cover their heads and not look like a prostitute???? What if that truly is the case???

In that regard, we have an entire lineage of women covering their heads whether they were prostitutes or not. But what was it all about and is all about...to the best of their ability, they were and are following what is in the Bible.

We may be wrong or right in the Bible about music, but God wants our heart, and if we follow Him, I believe HE is very well pleased. Because God looks at the heart.