View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 03:02 PM

Yeah, I am not against non-KJBO preachers.

I used to be. As soon as they used a modern version, that was it.. I never listened after that. It's a silly way to be, because you might still be able to learn from them. Dave Hunt has a lot of good material about calvinism, the charismatic movement etc... I would rather read a KJBO author. I find young KJBO preachers to be the most arrogant people I have ever met though... so I'd rather speak to an older gentlemen even if he uses a modern version.

Have a look on youtube for the use baptistav1611 and watch his series on "Young Preacher throws Bible out of the pulpit" or "Young preacher preaches about AIDs" or "Young preacher sticks it to Obama" or other stupid topics, where the preacher stands there screaming as loud as he can about how they are right, everyone else is wrong, and that they can all go to hell because Paul said they were accursed and then he smashes the pulpit a few times for effect while shouting some more.

Most of them MV crowd don't even know they are in error.

On youtube, I found a great channel by a guy named Steve McVey. He appears to be a "Grace Believer" like TonyBones. Well, his website is all about the Grace Walk. I am not sure what his doctrinal stand is, but he has a series titled "101 Lies you hear every sunday" with things like

#1 Salvation is giving your life to Jesus Christ

And then he spends a short time explaining why this is a lie (the above is a lie because we don't give anything - we receive life from Jesus Christ).

But, despite his good teaching on Grace, he is not KJBO and seems to be reading from the NKJV or something. He doesn't say. And he doesn't correct the Bible. So I just substitute King James in. If it fits, then great. If he is wrong, then he is wrong.