View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
That the KJV isn't the only "true" translation. Words have changed in meaning since it was published (1600's) and the word's have been replaced with something that is an alternative that means THE SAME THING. I think it's good that we have different versions of the Bible, like the NASB, NKJV, AMP, etc.
Aloha Jordan,

Have you read my post outlining the "Which Bible Issue" on this Forum? You will find it at:

AV1611 Bible Forums > Bible Versions > Were The Early Fundamentalist KJV Only? > Page 7 - Post #69

If you haven't read the Post - Please do. The "issue" of "Which Bible" is far more complex than your or my "personal preference".
Quote:
I think it's good that we have different versions of the Bible, like the NASB, NKJV, AMP, etc.
Have you examined the following Issues in depth, or at all?

1. The Question: Which Bible, if any, is God's Holy word?
2. The Internal Evidence: What Does God Have to say about His word?
3. Old Testament History of the Text.
4. New Testament History of the Text.
5. The History of the Transmission of the Text of the Bible in the Church Age.
6.The Manuscript Evidence - {Hebrew, Greek. Latin, Syrian, Armenian, Georgian, Gothic, Egyptian, etc., etc.}
7.A Comparison of Versions with the King James Bible.

If you haven't, you should before you make a judgment call that will affect the rest of your Christian life. Christians are obligated (commanded) to judge "righteous judgment" [John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.] and you'll notice that we are NOT to judge according to "appearance".

What you or I "think" is of no consequence to God.

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

God expects us to live "by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God" - How can we if all of the "modern versions" differ from the King James Bible in as much as 5000 places in the New Testament alone?

All of the "modern bible versions" are based on a very few extremely corrupt manuscripts (especially in the New Testament) and the fact that most modern day Christians are ignorant of these facts and many, many more, will not excuse them at the "Judgment Seat of Christ."

If you are not familiar with this most important issue read some of the books that I recommend in my Post #69. Take your King James Bible and compare it with any modern version and see for yourself the difference between them {Go to the King James Bible Page - http://av1611.com/kjbp/ and check out "Westcott and Hort's Magic Marker Binge"; and the many articles that "Diligent" (Brandon) has posted about this subject.

Take your time - don't make any hasty judgments about the issue of "Which Bible" without examining the issue in some depth first.

[Proverbs 18:13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.]

I will be happy to assist you in any way that I can in your search for the "scripture of truth" {Daniel 10:21}.

Yours for the Lord Jesus Christ and for His Holy Word,

George Anderson