Thread: Christmas
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 07:17 PM

Talking Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post

Let's just get this cleared up a bit.

Hi,

As believers...parents,grandparents,relatives,all who have input into our childrens lives; if we tell them there is a Santa Claus...Easter Rabbit..Tooth
Fairy...Halloween witches,goblins etc......AND Jesus our Saviour...as they growup and learn that there really ISN'T Santa Claus...and all the rest...each time they look at mom and dad and inside they realize that mom and dad lied to them...period. Than they say..Is JESUS real??? Is HE just a fairy tale like
all the others? Children TRUST us to tell the truth..after all THEY get taught not to tell lies (we teach them the differance between..'make-believe stories'
and truth). Its up to us to hold that standard FOR them until they decide for themselves..as each of us did ...and DO.

Blessings,
Billie

Quote: Diligent:
. I don't go out of my way to tell anyone what I think of Christmas -- I generally regard it as a personal liberty issue. But more often than not, people are offended merely knowing that I don't do it the way they do.

Billie:
...my preacher calls what they do as...."the Valadation Dance"...(you are wrong..I'm right, I'll set you straight...)

Oh well. I expect this will be an annual thread here.
I agree.