View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 05:37 PM
sovereigngrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
None are equivalent, but some translations are better than others, i.e. Reformation ones into German, Dutch, French or Italian. I would rather support the teaching of people English and then have them use the KJB.
Thanks. I understand your point. However, I think that if the church is to be obedient to our Lord's command in Mark 16:15-16, those whom He calls to take the Gospel message to foreign lands must be prepared to learn their languages and translate, or provide a translation of, the Word of God into those languages. It seems to me that if God calls a man to proclaim the Gospel to those whose native language is not English, He will also equip him to provide an equivalent translation of the Word of God that they can read and understand in their native language. I suppose the answer to my question must be that a sovereign God who is in absolute control of His creation, "who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will" (Ephes. 1:11), will call out His elect from "all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues" (Rev. 7:9), and in order to do that, He will equip His people with the ability to accurately translate and proclaim His Word to them! It will not be the KJV, but it will be an equivalent translation into their language. Is not this the goal of the Trinitarian Bible Society, which is a faithful supporter of the KJV?