View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbiwolski View Post
Okay Biblestudent,

You want to believe that Paul is really saying,
"I'm waiting for God to reveal more to me so that we can have the complete revelation of God. When He does, I'll know even as also I am known. As a matter of fact, we'll see everything in the OT about the Lord that we previously missed."

Well then, what revelation was Paul still waiting for? In this epistle of I Corinthians he already addresses the gospel, baptism, the Lord's supper, the spiritual body of Christ, the sign gifts, the rapture, the judgment seat of Christ, the resurrection, the kingdom, and more...

Also, John added no new revelation??? WHAT? Did you read the first three chapters? Where was that previously "revealed" in the OT propecies that he was just giving details on it?
Do you think Paul had no more visions and revelations after writing 1 Corinthians?

A sample of John's Revelation revealed before (in Revelation 1-3):

Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
Revelation 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Revelation 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.