View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Brother Brandon, as the initiator of this thread, I am going to ask that you do close it. A few of the brethren are getting a little too testy. I am not trying to turn this into a dispensational fight. Tony is not trying to "convert" us ( which won't work anyhow 'cause we know our Bibles too well ). I do not see any further discussion leading to beneficial results. Any further comments can be made directly via email. [or alternatively go to another less decent forum ]
Tim, closing the thread down is up to Brandon as webmaster, but I have been addressed with messages more than I can handle above one a day and maybe two, and as initiator I've seen very little actual rebuttal or discussion of the topic from you other than the unilateral "...well, may as well shut it down because Tony is wrong and we are RIGHT! ha ha ha!..." yet no Scriptural proof, rebuttal, or discussion as to why you are right and I am wrong from you. I didn't approach this thread as an episode of Comedy Central but a serious discussion of a serious topic that I am, for all practical means of my own origin and volition, forbidden to bring up. As Brandon correctly stated to you guys, you all had to stick bamboo shoots under my fingernails to get me into this thread and discussion, and now you are, to me, running from it. Now, as I stated to brother Parrish, the one who runs appears, to the READERS of this forum, not the members, but the thousands
of readers who stop by and read the threads out of curiosity, to be running from it. Now again, Brandon rules here, but Tim, if you shut it down, I do not want to see one single objection against any future message or statement I make that water baptism is not applicable for today because I have not yet given my full position as to why it's not applicable, as you originally initiated brother.

I'm going to say one thing of a personal nature not Scripturally based but as if you and I were face to face: I know, as CHRISTIANS you are grieved and afraid that someone will get out of line and have or cause bad feelings, as BAPTISTS I see people who MIGHT just be afraid of what I have to say?

Which is it?

If the thread closes I will never bring up the topic of water baptism as applicable in ANY age again. I tried to explain the Grace position and it will have been cut short. But if I answer a message that contains my conviction on water baptism and there is an objection to said comment, I'm going to take offense because we started a thread and pooped out on it before we could fully come to a Scriptural conclusion.

I've taken no offense at anything anyone has said in this thread so far, nor will I if it were at gunpoint. I promised to keep it civil, I hope I have. I'm up to message #47 and would like to finish and get SCRIPTURE as to why the water baptism of Leviticus 8 is not related to John's baptism of repentance, and the reasons why water baptism is alleged to be one thing under John the Baptist, another one under Paul, and yet another one under Jack Hyles and John R. Rice and the "Baptists" in this forum. I think we need to follow Luther, who said after his death he wanted his followers to call themselves not Lutherans but CHRISTIANS, and I am not pleased at being called a "KJVO" by a Junior Jesuit in the MV herd, nor do I particularly love having to refer to myself as a "Grace Believer" so that everyone can "...see whar ah'm comin' frum." I'd like to be called CHRISTIAN,

I'm offering a challenge of my own, in peace and without heat and anger: Is there anyone here can show Scripturally why John's baptism of repentance is NOT the water baptism of Leviticus 8 or is somebody gonna have to go get Dr. Ruckman out of bed to come over here and try to do it?

Grace and peace brother. I'm not the one who quit or proposed it. I'm just the one with the infected finger slowing me down. I ain't shifted out of first gear yet.

Tony Bones
Certified Church Splitter