View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 01:34 PM

Jerry, we are getting off thread on the topic. It may be a good topic for another thread, based on others responses. HOWEVER, my (attempted) point was that we view those in the past through the glasses of today, and sometimes it just doesn't fit.

Let me try a little different approach on the idea of slavery. Many of our early political leaders had slaves or supported slavery to some degree. When their names are used (particularly in reference to their faith influencing their politics) there are those who discount these men's credibility because they were involved in or they condoned slavery. I believe many of these men under today's conditions and understanding of freedom would be very strong in their opposition to any type of racial prejudice or oppression.

In the same light, I believe that many of those fundamental preachers and writers of the past who did not have any known firm position on preservation as it relates to translation, if alive today, would have a very similar view as most KJBO's. Many good men got caught up in the "scholarship" of the new translations, not knowing the heritage of those versions and the corruptions that were introduced. Case in point: Frank Logsdon, who was involved in bringing the NAS into existence, later recanted his support after learning of the gross errors it produced. (Since you are the resident Cloudist or is it Cloudian , you can find his story on wayoflife.org. - spoken as a fellow Cloud-aide drinker )