View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 05:51 PM
herami

Yes, EXCELLENT post, bro. George!

The question I have been trying to work through is not the pre-trib question. There is not a doubt in my mind that the body of Christ is not appointed to wrath.

The question for me is the LENGTH of the tribulation. There is much in Scripture to indicate that the tribulation begins in the MIDST of Daniel's last week.

Where in Scripture is the tribulation period EVER referred to as seven years?

"And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days."
Dan 12:11

"Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days."
Dan 12:12

But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
Rev 11:2

"And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months."
Rev 13:5

"And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth."
Rev 11:3

"And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days."
Rev 12:6

The CLOSEST any verse about the trib comes to seven years is Dan 8:13,14-

Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?
And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Notice that it is qualified by the word "unto."