View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride View Post
If I might make an interjection...

A certain gentleman in Pensacola, commenting on Revelation 20:12-15, has this to say:

"There are saved people at this judgment also. (See Rev. 11:17-18.) The saved people that are judged at this judgment are people who were saved by faith and works in the Tribulation, and saved by works in the Millennium. They are judged 'according to their works,' and some of them are found 'written in the book of life.'"

Commenting on Rev. 11:18, he says:

"Now,you've been taught (if you've been taught at all) that there are no saved people at the Great White Throne Judgment. You've been taught that this is the judgment of the unsaved dead only, and there are no saved people there. This is an error. You can see it immediately by the fact that there are 'rewards' passed out at the White Throne Judgment. Rev. 11:18 is not the Judgment Seat of Christ where New Testament Christians are rewarded; it is the Great White Throne Judgment where 'his servants the prophets' are rewarded ... The judgment of Church-Age saints takes place in Heaven, during the Tribulation. But this judgment (Rev. 11) takes place at the end of the Millennium, yet there are saved people there. (The word 'saints' throws the expositors into a panic; they think the word 'saints' applies to Church-Age saints, as Paul uses the word in Romans 1; 1 Corinthians 1; etc.)"

I agree with him, and with Here Am I. I'd give you a lengthier quote, but I'm not very adept at balancing a book on my lap while typing; I blush to admit that I have to look at the keyboard to type!

(The Bible-Believer's Commentary on Revelation, Peter S. Ruckman.)
Okay, brother. I'm open to learning. First, I've heard of this.