View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian View Post
Hi brother, no this guy wasn't Church of Christ, he didn't want to affiliate himself with any group whatsoever. When I asked him if he attended a church he said he held one in his home with a few other believers, then told me I should be doing the same because that's what they did in the first century church. I encouraged him to keep it up, but he kept insisting that I should do the same.

I've been going out on the streets since I got saved in '93, I've seen and heard a lot out there, I consider it the 'front lines' of a warfare between God and the Devil, and I feel privileged to be a part of this ministry. Yes I've seen much opposition out there, but also much blessing. I am definately not discouraged now, but at the time last Friday night, especially went I expected to be encouraged by another brother in Christ, it did have a negative effect on my spirit, I couldn't help it. It certainly didn't discourage me enough to stop witnessing, it would take more than a disgruntled Christian harping on about his pet doctrine of 'denominational separation' to do that, even past beer bottle throwing hasn't deterred me!

Thanks for your comments and sound advice.
Matt, I believe our rewards are those we preach the gospel to. Not building and wealth, people. Go forth, we war not with carnal weapons, one more deadly to Satan, the words of God and WE GOT THEM TOO.

Carry on my brother.

Tony