View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 09:46 PM

[QUOTE=Winman;16024]Tony said:

That's a good answer, but an argument from science and pure logic can also be made.

That was a pretty good one about the Hindu, Win.

I think this is what the scholars call "onotological" arguments. If anything, I will give atheists the Laws Of Thermodynamics:

1. If matter can't be created from nothing, where did it come from? God created it of course, we know that, they deny it.
2. If matter cannot be destroyed we are back with Law One: Where did it come from? Ah, a steady state Universe. But this leads us to Law 3:
3. By the time the Universe scatters there is NO gravitational pull to bring it to shrinking again, entropy CEASES at absolute zero and the atoms are scattered so far there is NO way they can regroup.

By this time both of us are going in circles. The word of God is the only way to find the solution for these wretched people:

We are saved by grace through FAITH. Paul and the apostles knew Christ PERSONALLY but knew Him no more after the grace program given to Paul came into being. God WILL NOT give physical evidence of His existence, NOTHING provable empirically. ALL must be of faith, as salvation is, otherwise the grace of Paul ceases to operate. ALL of us have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, ALL of us doubted His existence at one time. He gave me no physical evidence, I believe He exists BY FAITH through the Scriptures. The fool has said in his heart there is no God, I am not a fool.

The athiest must also see as we did. He'll get NO evidence. It's how salvation has been ordained by God, it's how EVERYTHING has been ordained by God, through FAITH. Most athiests have a hate going on against God anyway. They can't attack Him, so they attack us.

Great day to you Win.

Bones