View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian View Post
A team of us were out last night street preaching and tracting, when a Christian approached me, and instead of commending the work which we were doing proceeded to tell me how I was disobeying God and making myself an authority over the Bible because I am a member of a denomination, that being Independent Baptist. Talk about a discouragement! Then I got to talking to an agnostic vegan, who had the audacity to tell me that the Bible is full of many contradictions. When I asked him if he had ever read it through he said "no". I wasn't surprised. After speaking to him about many different issues, with me always trying to get the conversation back to the salvation of his soul, he left smiling with a tract and the gospel message driven into his head by the mere fact I told him how to be saved about 10 times!
Matt, I wonder if this Christian was Church Of Christ, they got a hangup about being a "denomination", which they ARE, if they have a unique set of beliefs, which they DO. I am former Church Of Christ. Don't be discouraged, this person may not have been a Christian.

Be aware of this scam in Christianity: When anyone says, "Oh, I am NON-denominational..." you can translate that as "I am Pentecostal".

How can ye say, a book hath errors, when ye hath not readeth it? People say to me, prove God exists. My reply is, prove He don't. Folks say, the KJV has errors. Kewl. Show me one.

DON'T BE DISCOURAGED BY OPPOSITION. The person who opposes you is THE REASON YOU ARE THERE. They are at odds with themselves, you have no idea the battle waging within them. Pity them and be graceful and be filled with JOY, you have planted a seed and if it don;'t bloom, it may just need water and God will make that seed grow. The more they abuse you the more the words has cut them. Don't lte them hit you, but my wife has had beer bottles thrown at her. And rocks. All from moving cars, of course.

Of course.

The street ministry was at it's height during the time Last Temptation Of Christ was released. It was shown up the street from the Oregon District in Dayton Ohio at the Neon Movies. I went up and watched the Charasmatics sing, jangled guitars, cursed the movie house, and gazed at coming attractions. The minister in charge asked me if I had a question. I said, when you get done with this foolishness, come up the street and do some REAL work. They didn't close a single bar on Fifth Street.

One time they came in a group, got in a huddle, whooped and shouted, named Fifth Street and claimed it and then LEFT. Not an adult bookstore was closed by them.

We didn't close a single bar or adult bookstore either but when we see not through a glass darkly but face to face am curious at the fruit He harvested from just giving the gospel.

Matt, in an area such as this, businesses and bars and bookstores and nightclubs, there is a cut-off hour when it's really not safe for you or your women on the street. Hit them early and pack up about 11-midnight, many are too drunk to respond anyway.

It's sad but not discouraging when you meet a Christian while you are doing what you were doing, and they oppose you rather than bum extra tracts and jump into the trenches with you.

Never ever if an atom bomb goes off while you are tracting and witnessing, never ever forget this FACT: His words will not return unto Him void.

Be of good cheer my friend and much fruit to you in the Harvest. He's got your back, go forth with joy. Be instant in season and out of season and have an answer for everyone. I'm not Pentecostal but we are on shoutin'; territory here, I'm ready to run the aisles.

Grace and Peace

Tony