View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 08:02 AM

I have studied evolution for many years, I have visited that site some time ago. I disagree with it right from the start. As I have stated, this theory is trying to reconcile the biblical creation account (which is true), with evolution which is false. That is shown right in the introduction:

Quote:

Is there a time-gap between the first two verses of Genesis? On this website you will learn about a controversial, lesser known literal interpretation of the Genesis narrative that does not contradict the scientific evidence for an Old Earth. Commonly called the "Gap Theory" or Ruin-Reconstruction interpretation, it is a theology much older than Darwin and the Theory of Evolution. It is based on the Scriptural fact that in the second verse of Genesis, the Holy Bible simply and clearly states that the planet Earth was already here (but in a ruined state) before the creative process of the seven days even begins. Understanding this Biblical mystery begins with the precise wording of this New Testament cross-reference:
Why mention Darwin and the Theory of Evolution?? Obviously this author believes the universe to be many billons of years old as evolution teaches, and that evolution is a continual process.

As a Bible believer I reject evolution. I believe the theory is 100% false. I believe God created everything in six days (not 7 as the author states)

Exo 31:17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

So, this author does not know his Bible very well.

The author does not understand 2 Peter 3:5-7 either. Look and read for yourself.

2 Pet 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

The author fixates on the phrase in vs. 6 "the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished" and says the only time the world was completely covered in water was in Gen 1:2

The problem is that the author overlooks the phrase in vs. 5 "and the earth standing out of the water and in the water".

This is not referring to Gen 1:2 because clearly it mentions the earth standing out of the water, DRY LAND.

And God has already told us when the dry land first appeared in Gen 1:9-10

Gen 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

So, the world mentioned in 2 Peter 3:5-7 has to be AFTER Gen 1:9
Now here we have both the earth standing out of the water and in the water. The earth standing out of the water is the dry land, and the earth standing in the water is the ocean floor.

Then the author again shows his belief in evolution by using their geologic ages.

Quote:

The Bible itself provides insight into a great mystery in Earth's natural history at what is known as the Pleistocene - Holocene boundary. Science remains at a loss to definitively explain the Ice Age and the anomaly of the mysterious mega fauna extinctions across the face of the Earth about 12,000 to 10,000 Radio Carbon years ago. Geologic evidence from that period indicates extraordinary global massive volcanism, gigantic tidal waves, seismic activity on a vast scale, and extreme climate swings on the Earth over a geologically brief period of time. It is no coincidence that the Bible at Genesis 1:2 describes the Earth as flooded, desolate, and in darkness in the timeframe closely corresponding to these catastrophic events in the Earth's natural history. Clearly, these two mysteries are linked.

The flood of Noah easily explains all of these events. The fountains of the deep were broken up. Huge geysers shot water high into the atmosphere, where it would have cooled, frozen and returned to earth as snow. Many animals would have been buried under this snow. There would have been volcanoes, tidal waves, the formation of strata, everything.

This fellow simply does not believe God's Word.

Last edited by Winman; 02-28-2009 at 08:19 AM.