View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
look at the words again, the world that then was and the But the heavens and the earth, which are now. Were the heavens eve flooded by the flood of Noah? the previous verse speaks only of the world then was not the heavens. the next verses in Peter speak of a heaven and an earth. all that was created in the 6 days current creation will be destroyed just as the world that "then was" was destroyed.
It is clear that a change in our atmosphere took place at the time of the flood. Before the flood there was no such thing as rainfall. This does not mean there was not water in our atmosphere, but it was contained.

Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens, 5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground. 6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

There is no rain recorded until the time of Noah.

Gen 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

So, in Gen 2 the Bible clearly states that God had not caused it to rain upon the earth. However, there must have been a substantial amount of water stored in our atmosphere. And in Gen 7 God opened the windows of heaven. To me, the word windows suggests some type of containment. Not only do the windows on our house keep things out such as the heat or cold, but they also keep things in. We often open the windows to let stale air out of the house. And windows is the perfect word, because windows are transparent.

Since that time we have had rainfall. So there was a change in our atmosphere or heaven.

Now this is just a theory of mine, but I believe the heaven (outer space) changed as well. I believe that when the fountains of the deep broke up that there were gigantic geysers of water that shot not only water, but rock into space. This would account for many features such as comets, the asteroids, and even the craters on the moon. One of the best arguments for a young earth is comets. Comets cannot be more than 10,000 years old because they would have been depleted long ago. As a comet passes the sun it loses material, this is the long tail which is easily seen. Astronomers know comets contain water, but cannot agree where this water came from. I believe the water came from earth and was ejected in Noah's flood.

Last edited by Winman; 02-28-2009 at 07:31 AM.