View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 06:47 AM

Chette wrote:
Quote:
Once God removes himself from the creation process after the seventh day
What are you talking about? There is no creation "process".

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

Your group is twisting the very simple and staightforward account that God gives us in His Word. Gen 1:31 tells us God saw EVERY thing he had made. This would include Satan and the angels. And it was VERY GOOD. God made this observation on the SIXTH day. So obviously, Satan had not fallen at this point.

Instead of listening to these teachers, why don't you listen to God's words? Nothing complicated here.

Gen 2:1 tells us the heavens and earth were FINISHED and all the host of them. There is no on-going process. And vs. 2 tells us God ENDED his work, and then re-emphasizes it by telling us on the seventh day he rested from ALL his work.

This sounds like Theistic Evolution to me. These are folks who try to reconcile the creation account with the false teaching of evolution. Evolution believes that creation is on-going and is still occuring. God clearly and simply states that all his work was finished and ended. God did not step out of the creation "process", creation was finished.

Now, that being said, there is a future creation coming.

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. 18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. 19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

2 Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

So God will create again in the future. But this is not a continuation of an on-going process, it is altogether new.