View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post

And anyone who would laugh for over an hour at anything that was posted shows his true spiritual worth to be childish and immature.
Well, there's something else that's laughable - that YOU think YOU are qualified/capable of judging my "spiritual worth!"

Apparently, this warrants a lesson in what even a toddler knows to be true - that laughter comes from JOY and/or MERRIMENT!

The very first thoughts that I had when you (Chette) and peopleoftheway were surprised at my laughter were:
1. It's called PEACE and JOY which are characteristic of the kingdom of God (Romans 14:17) and are part of the fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22.)
2. It's called being MERRY, and surely you've heard that "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine" (Prov. 17:22) or that "A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance" (Prov. 15:13.)
3. It's a characteristic of charity..."REJOICETH in the TRUTH" (I Cor. 13:4-6 all-caps mine.)

For those reasons, I was/am puzzled that you fussed on me for laughing...especially number three above. You see, I know NOTHING of whatever has been "brewing" between some of you; all I know about is my own experience with George...and from that experience I KNOW that BroParrish's post was RIGHT ON TARGET! So, DUH, my heart rejoiced when someone proclaimed the truth! Why is that surprising?

Also, you are mistaken in assuming that I have "taken offense" at George's words. I have no reason to be offended over paragraph after paragraph of false accusation; it's no "skin off my teeth" - George is the one who will answer for it! The only thing I have felt is DISGUST for all the time wasted trying to get him to discuss scripture (which he WILL NOT DO when it disagrees with his position - see his Biblical Marriage thread for the proof.)

Pam
www.custerfamilyfarm.com