View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 09:41 PM

The foundation of what I am saying is the idea of the Jew first and the Gentile second.

Matthew 28:19, 20 - The Great Commission is to the Church, the Church first witnessed to the Jews, and then to the Gentiles. Therefore, it is the Church today (and comprised of mainly Gentiles) that is to witness to the Jews. The great commission is about converting nations. This clearly means Gentile nations as well as the nation of Israel. Not every nation is going to be converted, but the promise of the Scripture is that the Jews should be converted. I have pointed out previously numerous verses which show that it is Gentile Christians who should preach to the Heathen Jews.

Quote:
Isa 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
Mt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
Ro 10:19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.
Ro 10:20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.
Ro 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
Mark 16:15 - The Church is to go into all the world. That certainly includes believers presently going to the Jews. This going forth has been happening since the martyrdom of Stephen all the way to the present time, and should be fulfilled before the Tribulation.

Acts 1:8 - The Gospel has come to the uttermost parts of the Earth: Protestant denominations are established in New Zealand and Australia. Note that it was not Jewish Christians who preached the Gospel, but Gentile Christians.

I am not saying that there is anything superior or inferior to Jewish nor Gentile Christians, but that Christians should witness to the Jews as much as Christians should witness to all nations. Historically, from the death of the Apostle John, the preaching of the Gospel has been by Gentiles, not Jews.

The fulfilment of the promise of world wide evangelism is not in any case specified to Jewish Christians.

Quote:
The disciples never did complete this commandment or commission
The Church has, is and will fulfil this commandment or commission. There is no reason to wait for the Great Tribulation for the converting of Jews, nor is there a reason to defer responsibility (or a "greater calling") to 140,000 specially chosen Jews, when I have already pointed out the high and great calling that we have today laid in front of us, namely, that we are to put into motion the converting of the Jews.

"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in." (Romans 11:25).

In other words, it is our Gospel by us which must go to all nations, all the world, unto the uttermost part of the earth, and that we would be used of God to reach the Jews, to compassionately bring them into equality of faith with us.

Therefore, it must be that the greatest wave of evangelisation that the world is yet to see must be on the initialisation of the final conversion of the Jews, and that there should be powerful witness before the tribulation by a holy, sanctified Church with great power:

“But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith” (Romans 16:26).

“All ye inhabitants of the world, and dwellers on the earth, see ye, when he lifteth up an ensign on the mountains; and when he bloweth a trumpet, hear ye.” (Isaiah 18:3).

“For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel; Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth” (Col. 1:5, 6).

“Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.” (Acts 13:46-48).

Why defer to the tribulation when the Church Bride has departed what should be accomplished presently when the Church is here and under obligation to obey Christ's commandment.