Thread: I Corinthians 5
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Great examples on the covetous brethren too. I just have never personally seen (or heard of) a brother put away for this. I am thinking of one man in particular who I certainly would label as covetous, but just because his coveteousness is more visible, how are we to judge? I guess we can only go on the fruits that we see. He is certainly a good brother in other aspects.
I see what you are saying though as to just because you covet in your Christian life here and there (as we are all wont to do at times) doesn't make it a pattern...a lifestyle. We all sin, but if there is a pattern of a particular sin then that would be a cause for concern.

But again, I have never seen this carried out except perhaps w/ fornication..

Sister in most cases or similar to what I presented, a simple word of admonishment from another brother should suffice, if the brother who is being admonished is truly walking right with the Lord he will praise the Lord that by God's spirit and another brother in Christ, his actions have been brought to light and hopefully been addressed and corrected, this I am sure is the case 99% of the time (May I add this is in the scenario of a Church that isn't ecumenically compromised) however in the most extreme and perverse scenario where a man that calls himself a child of God, commits such horrible sins of fornication, adultery, lasciviousness, covetous and glories in them with no repentance, no remorse AND no thought for those who are "babes in Christ" or weak in faith, then for the sake of those mentioned that offender should be asked to leave unless they STOP what is hurting the brethren directly
Sadly in most churches that are ecumenically compromised, this just isn't the case and in many, sin is openly committed IN CHURCH and not addressed or admonished because of Humanistic reasoning and philosophy.

The bottom line is, all of us that are God's Children, are forgiven for our sins, but we must one day give account of the deeds done in the flesh, we must answer for things we have done that we KNOW by God's spirit are not righteous, we have only one Judge, we must strive to follow the Lord in EVERY aspect of our daily lives, when we become consumed with the "cares of this world" and the "lusts of this world" that is when our sin may cause another brother to stumble and fall and if we don't address it ourselves then God reserves every right to address it though another brother through his Holy written word.

Quote:
Romans 14:11-13 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Quote:
Ecclesiastes 3:5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;