View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
I agree Diligent. However, we're still stuck with the problem of two people, both reading the same translation and both believing and claiming they are being led/taught by the Holy Spirit, coming to opposing viewpoints. Both check the other's viewpoint in scripture (being Berean) and "discern" the other is in error.
BrianT--I will gladly consider differing views on Doctrine with a "brother" who "believes" the word of God is preserved, in the English language, in the 66 books found in the Authorized King James Bible. Otherwise, there is simply no authoritative, absolute word to discuss.

It's simple. God is all authority. God said He would preserve every word. I believe that He preserved His authoritative written word in the King James Bible.

You are focusing on man's authority, understanding, knowledge, and interpretation. It has already been established that man may get it wrong. But the FIRST issue that must be settled is: DO WE HAVE IN OUR POSSESSION TODAY THE PRESERVED WRITTEN WORD OF GOD, IN THE KING JAMES BIBLE?

You have already said you do not believe we do. I cannot discuss, learn, or be edified from someone who has no authoritative scripture.