View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
I agree Diligent. However, we're still stuck with the problem of two people, both reading the same translation and both believing and claiming they are being led/taught by the Holy Spirit, coming to opposing viewpoints. Both check the other's viewpoint in scripture (being Berean) and "discern" the other is in error.
First before I answer this quote may I address the Brethren first, George Forrest, Chette, Luke, Stephen, pbiwolski, Here am I, Renee, Billie, Tim and many more who I have come to be blessed by on this forum.
Apologies that I am not on here much as I still have no internet at home and do not wish to post in active topics when my reply to them is limited, but reading over the forums lately I have to post on this topic if I may.

Brian T whats the point? if you dont hold the 66 books of the KJB as the inerrent word of God, why even register with such a site, knowing first that anything you write or post is to sow discord among those who do believe in the preservation of Gods Holy infallible written word.
To answer you quoted post

Matthew 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

One MUST be right or else how shall the rest Stand in Truth

If two, three, four, five etc Brethren, lead by the Holy Spirit disagree on a point of doctrine, important and relevant to salvation, one MUST be right. Then must those Brethren reason together until the Spirit shows them all the truth for edification of each other. Sometimes we are lead by the Spirit in our own error in order to come to the Light of the perfect truth through another Brother or Sister.

Romans 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
Romans 15:2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.
Many times have I had a different viewpoint on a subject matter or a doctrine, and the proper use of the relevant scripture by another brother had guided me into the perfect truth of the matter through God's grace and His Holy Spirit, even a change of mind on the matter.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Now when the truth is made light the spirit will testify of the truth and lead the believer into the Light of that truth

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
John 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

I discern no desire in your posts for "truth" especially regarding matters of the Spirit and listening to his teaching and admonishing, but a more worldly ecumenical approach to your posting.

James4:5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Pay attention to the Light that is so apparently shining on you from the other Brethren on this site and submit yourself to the truth and ask yourself the question
John 18:38 Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.