View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 12:05 PM

Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union

Based on Cody's definition, a Bible believer is someone who reads the Bible, and doesn't try to come up with some crazy interpretation, but rather let's Scripture interpret Scripture, and not to interpret Scripture that does not need to be interpreted.

Genesis 1:5 "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

13: "And the evening and the morning were the third day."

I could write more, but this Scripture is so easy to understand because it is completely literal and does not even hint at the need to interpret it symbolically.
Christians, if need be, I will write an essay to show why this chapter of the Bible is very easy to understand....that the Day-Age Theory contradicts science, is a new theory that is not what Christians have been saying for millenia. It doesn't make sense in any way. When you believe the Day-Age Theory, you are stretching your theology, your understanding of the world and how it works, compromising toward the views of evolutions who came up with the idea of an old earth, and (not seemingly) contradicting science just to give a theory that does nothing to avail or explain Christianity.

Please excuse me if any of my language offended you. It is not my intent to offend, I feel very strong about this topic, however, and I believe that it is very important. I will be more than happy to write an essay explaining and defending my viewpoint.....