View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 09:06 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjefflawn View Post
I just got to say that I am so tired of weak easily offended Christians. So what if someone calls the NIV corrupt, is it, when they take out Lucifer and replace it with Morning Star isn't that corrupting the Word of God,or when they take out Lord 39-40 times isn't that perverting the text.
I know this may seem a little harsh but I just don't get Christians that don't have backbones. If you want to call the AV "king Jimmys Bible" or whatever, go ahead call it what ever you wan't, I won't have to stand before God for what you say.
Also I know there are some who say that if you read another version, you can't get saved. Well I definently don't believe that, I mean even a good gospel track contains enough scripture to get saved. Course there is more to the Christian life than just getting saved, if you would rather have a bean bag instead of a Sharp two eged Sword, its your neck not mine.
I'm not aming this at anyone inpaticular, its just this Laodicean attitude, week
Christians were if the preacher preaches to hard a sermon they don't come back for a month or two.
What are you really trying to say Jeff?
As you know we are in the Church Age and the Laodicean churches are a big part of that,Gods warning in Revelaion 7 churches. The only problem is when preachers quit preaching prophesy they are leaving out critical warnings to mankind. People simply do not pick up on this,because,like sin,it is not being taught. My background is Independant Baptist,but i am at a Quaker church,eventhough the preacher believes the same as we do,this church is a perfect example,(maybe that is why the cogregation has increased about 25% in the last 6 months).

Last sunday my girlfriend and her daughter was Baptised,the sermon before that spoke on how each one of us can serve in a different manner,he did say sin and spoke of salvation,but in the message i kept hearing the word Love over and over,while there is nothing wrong with love,people do not know boundries,that is why there is disrespect in the church,such as wearing shorts ,tank tops,country music t-shirts,bringing soda,drinking coffee and donuts,all during a service.
This was never thought of when i was younger. Man have things changed.

It is all about preachers not wanting to offend people. Funny,i never felt offended when a real sermon was preached on sin or prophecy. Why did God put it in there if it wasn't to be taught. Do christians see the signs of the second coming?or do they even know what sin is? the secular world tells them,but, our preachers won't.

Where is the breaking point of compromising your beliefs and being so open minided that you don't know what you believe.

The Devil,Ruler of this world and the Author of confusion.