View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Others who claim to hold the KJB as final authority, admit to it being liable to additions and corrections (Cloud for example. While I have found many of his articles encouraging and informative, he has stated that he believes the King James Bible could be updated in some ways.)
I think I've read every article on Cloud's site on the KJB and I have never heard him say that. That he has stated the King James Bible could be updated in some ways. The only thing he has said is that he thinks the Bible for Today's, (Dr. Waite's) defined King James Bible is great. Just bolds the harder to understand words and gives the definition below. I know Gail Riplinger says that we should just depend on the built in dictionary in the KJB. and this may be part of her beef with Dr. Waite and Cloud? To use the Defined KJB is not the same as wanting a revision. I like to look up the words anyway and it just makes it easier to have the definitions below the page.

That is quite a charge, (although a little vague) that you made about Cloud. I hope you can back it up with a quote of his.

Here are some articles written by Cloud re: the KJB. I think you will see he defends the KJB quite zealously.
http://www.wayoflife.org/fbns/questionsanswered.htm