View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 08:38 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
I'm sorry you dropped out. I hope the rest don't till we resolve both side's positions, if that happens, it's not going to reflect negatively on my position but on yours.
Nonsense. I'm sorry to see you pushing this, and the only "negative" is the view you are promoting under your banner of confusion. No one is angry or upset brother, just sad to see this continue.

We have stated our position scripturally in the beginning before you ever showed up, and you were allowed to state yours. Now you want to "resolve" the positions. What can that possibly mean brother, other than you seek to spread your leaven that believer's baptism is a dead work and part of the Mosaic Law?

It's sad really, and the saddest part is—now I'm wondering what other leaven you're harboring under the hood of your Dodge.

Quote:
Westcott and Hort along with Origen ended the book of Mark at Mark 16:8. The sobering fact is that the vast majority of fundamentalists read Mark 16 and then end it at verse 16 and there is a mental block about reading verses 17 and 18:

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
So now you are suggesting that the majority of responders to this thread as well as the majority of Baptist Pastors have a MENTAL BLOCK. See, this is the problem with doctrinal disputes—we can all sing Kumbaya and sip lemonade, but at the end of the day, they are still disputes and they do not edify. (Romans 16:17, I Tim. 4)

Make no mistake—the only mental block here is in those confused Christians who can't see that those verses in no way shape or form negate the clear INSTRUCTIONS in verse 15, and they certainly don't negate the clear INSTRUCTIONS of Matthew 28 either. It's still there, never moved—and all the devils, tongues, serpents, Bullingerites and Quakers in the universe won't move it.

Quote:
Of all the people here I expected a Scriptural response from you, not rebuke. Rebuke is for FFF.
Actually brother, "rebuke" is a Scriptural response. I think most of us generally try to temper it with love.

Brandon Staggs, what is your position on this issue of believer's baptism being part of the Mosaic Law?