View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
In one of the recent threads elsewhere in the forum, the issue of water baptism was brought up. I am not a dispensationalist myself, so my interpretation is different from the start, but I would like to find out how widespread is this doctrine that water baptism is not for today's believers.
In WW2 Dick Winters of Easy Company led his men into the Battle Of The Bulge, to secure a perimeter around Bastonge to keep the Germans from accessing all the roads in and out of this city, as related in two episodes of the TV mini-series BAND OF BROTHERS. He also coined a world famous phrase. when told he would be surrounded, Winters said "We're paratroopers, we're supposed to be surrounded..." In that spirit and experience since first getting on the Internet in 1999 I have coined my own little phrase that many identify me by and with:

I'm Not Happy Unless I'm Outnumbered.

I'd like to offer this disclaimer: Since I joined this forum in Feb., one man came in here trying to I think preach Sabbatarianism and another tried to worm in with some kind of Gap Theory/Pre-Adamic Race cult. That is not the reason I came into this forum, I came for friendship, fellowship, and the chance to teach and be taught. My friends locally nicknamed me Apollos, but you never stop learning. I left a question on Pauline Dispensationalism by Bible Protector unanswered, and a question by Stephanos on my teaching on water baptism unanswered, and also when Tandi brought it up in another thread, I referred her to this thread. To those three and any others who asked me about it and maybe I missed answering them on this topic, I did not mean to be rude or ignore you. I'm not, as I stated before, here to preach Pauline Grace Movement dispensationalism. I'm here to help answer questions on general Bible topics and to lend my voice and identify myself as a "KJV-Only Extremist"/Discord-Among-The-Brethren-Sower/Church-Splitter on the bible "version" issue. Further, I am in no way affiliated with The Berean Bible Society or Cornelius Stam. Stam is a petrified extremist Calvinist, which he brought over into his dispensational teaching as baggage due to him being a prior member of The Dutch Reformed Church. Stam(I believe he died in 2003) was an Original Manuscript Fraud, and delighted in quoting the ASV of 1901 and retranslating the KJV. I studied under Pastor Richard Jordan who was fired as president of the Bereans by Stam in 1988 becasue Jordan said the KJV was the inspired word of God and the only version the Bereans would use. Jordan also attended Dr. Ruckman's school in Pensacola. I also reject the teaching among some sects of Grace Believers that the New Birth is not "for today", Ye must be born again, and also the kenosis theory of Christ "emptying Himself" of His Deity has also crept in unawares and I eschew and refute it. The Universalists have also a sect claiming to be "Pauline Mid-Acts Dispensationalists" who deny an eternal hell. Right, no hell. And my dog chews bubblegum too.

So, the overwhelming vast majority of you are Baptists, I am overwhelmingly a Great Commission/water baptism-denying Pauline Grace Believer. Is this a friendly, Scriptural debate, or just a poll? Are we just going to discuss why water baptism is not Grace Age Jewish-Gentile Body of Christ church doctrine for today, or just conduct a poll of who does and who don't? If so I will offer answers to objections to the doctrine of no water baptism for believers, if not, I'll return to my work of bible verse corruptions and the general forum.

Grace and peace my friends.

Tony

Last edited by tonybones2112; 04-30-2009 at 03:03 PM. Reason: typo