View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 10:39 PM

When all is said and done, I still stand by my belief that the body of Christ, the Church, is currently espoused (engaged) to be married to Jesus Christ in heaven above at a future time. The main proof texts for this teaching are Pauline and are 2 Corinthians 11:2, Romans 7:4, and Ephesians 5:21-33. Hence why I believe the "Lamb's wife" (the Lamb being Jesus Christ) in the book of Revelation is the Church, NOT Israel. I have yet to see any clear cut scripture which shows that Israel marries the Lord Jesus Christ.

Perhaps the greatest reason I have not changed my mind about this doctrine is that those here who have debated against it have not supported their argument well, especially where some take the proof texts I mention above and make them all FIGURATIVE or only applicable to the group of people whom Paul is addressing at that time, example: In 2 Corinthians 11:2 when Paul said "I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ" it was only meant for that audience of believers in Corinth, which I disagree with, I believe it applies to all of us.

To those of you who have only recently started denying that Christ will marry the Church, please consider the fact that you DID believe it for many years prior to coming to your current conclusion, and maybe cut the rest of us a bit of slack. The truth WILL come out in the end, maybe not this side of glory.