View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
And I wouldn't say there was a gap concerning the Church. There are many prophesies in the OT concerning the heathen or Gentiles.

Psalms 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. 8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Psalms 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

This last verse was repeated by Peter in Acts

Acts 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: 15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. 16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; 17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

There are many verses in the OT about the Church age, although very few may have understood.
Forgive me if I'm reading this wrong (which I'm prone to do), but OT prophecies about the gentiles and heathen does not mean they apply to the church. That God would bless the Gentiles is evident (Isaiah 11:10), but the church was still a mystery (Ephesians 3). Acts 2:39 has to do with the promise of Acts 2:38. Acts 2:14 concerns the end times as God has not yet poured out His Spirit on all flesh.

The teaching that Satan had sex with Eve is speculation and speculation only no matter who teaches it. BTW I have many books and commentaries by Dr. Ruckman and have been greatly blessed by his ministry.

Quote:
So Seth was born with the fallen sin nature of his father Adam, not the sinless nature of God.
Well there's another one of those popular theological phrases not found in the Bible and when I say Bible I mean the KJV as this popular theological phrase is found in the NIV.