View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 04:02 PM

First, I do not reject the work of translating the Scriptures into USABLE languages (that is, languages that are robust enough to communicate the message clearly*) AS LONG AS the translators qualify their work as being based on the KJB. The full reasons why I don't go along with stepping all the way back to the original languages are too extensive for one post but it boils down to two, ( 1 ) the question of which manuscripts are to be used, and ( 2 ) the lack of original language skills of the average missionary/translator [now if we had men of the caliber of the KJB translators, this might be different - Dr. D.A. Waite, himself a skilled man, told me that he did not know of 5 men alive who would qualify.]

* The vast majority of languages in today's world do not have the range of vocabulary to adequately communicate. One attempt had Jesus being called the "rooster of God".

Secondly, we do not need to train everyone in a given language... Skilled individuals can be trained in English, and then they could communicate the truth to others.

It is commonly known truth that many countries which do not allow missionaries will allow English teachers, even when those teachers are missionaries.