Thread: My Miracle
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 11:27 AM

Default My Miracle

I know I’m a little late with this. From what I seen people usually do this in their first post, and I‘m, not on my first (12 by now) because since my first post I started posting and asking questions I needed to see answered. The reason I’m doing this now is to give a testimony of how I came to Christ , and thought I will mention how I came upon this site I will mostly focus on my coming to Christ. Now this is my miracle:

I was born into and raised a Roman Catholic. I was baptized as a baby, did my first communion when I was eight years old, and my confirmation about a year later. Although I never really cared much about Mary and the catholic saints, I did do some ave Marias and rosary prayers because it was part of their rituals (I didn’t know it was wrong at then); I was catholic nevertheless. So, when I reached the age of thirteen I moved back from my native land to New York (I lived here as a child but had moved to my native land for a few years). I got enrolled into the public school and my faith in God’s existence got almost killed there. I was taught about evolution, Islam, Hinduisms, feminism, more new age garbage, and nothing about Jesus Christ. All they taught was the dirty laundry of the Catholic church, like indulgences, the crusades, and the inquisitions, and nothing about Jesus Christ (thought in all fairness this got me upset about the false church). This foolish nation, after all the blessings given to it by God, killed my faith in God’s existence in the public schools!

I went like this for a few years and what followed was an unpleasant part of my life. I started seeing things the way most people do nowadays like worshipping the opposite sex (like most guys are programmed to do in today’s day and age), I liked the idea of divorce , etc. After “falling in love” and being rejected by whom I thought was the “love” of my life in my High School years, I went into critical depression, anxiety, and was even suicidal (ooh how clueless I was). After a few years of this mumbo jumbo, I started getting better, and I felt God was calling me. Then one day I committed a sin which I hated, then I threw myself in a bed and with a sudden panic I had a revelation: “I’m GOING TO HELL!”. Of course, it wasn’t long until my social programming returned to me and I started doubting the existence of Hell again. However, I did what at the time I thought was right and returned to the Roman Catholic church. I confessed my sin to a priest (which I deeply regret now), I started attending mass, and a youth group. Thought my sin had supposedly been forgiven by the priest I still felt uneasy and kept wondering certain things. Am I really forgiven? Is attending mass and youth group is what God really wants for me? I think theses questions were the key.

God Almighty must have been listening to my questions because He used my curiosity and the internet to get me the truth about the counterfeit church and His true plan of salvation. After finding out the truth about the Roman Catholic church I quitted being a catholic and eventually found out about God’s plan of salvation. Though I wrestled with the idea for three days, I finally admitted my guilt before God, acknowledged that I deserved punishment (in Hell), and trusted the Lord Jesus Christ as my Saviour. Thanks to the guidance of a Christian in the internet, I also came to know that the King James Authorized Version is the preserved and inerrant written Word of God in English. It was me researching and comparing the other versions that eventually got me here to this website, and after a while I registered and became a member of your community.

This is my miracle. Me being saved right now is indeed a testimony of God doing a miracle in my life. Praise God the Father and His Son Jesus!