View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 04:55 PM

Default Re: " My so called Southern Baptist Church..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaplainPaul View Post
Keith, I understand your predicament. I think what you did was ok. One might always think of a better way to handle it in hindsight, but I think that was fine. Finding the line between fighting and staying is hard. You've found that you don't want to follow where the leadership is taking the church, and apparently most of the rest of the church either couldn't care less or is on board. When you find you can't walk with your fellowship, it either ends in a church split or your leave. I don't know of any occasion where this kind of thing ends in repentance. It's as much shaking the dust off of your feet while leaving as it is living in peace with people. "Sure, you can be my brother, but I'm not going to sit under your teaching."

That's just me, though. I'd rather leave than kill what's left of a church.

Another poster mentioned that there were still plenty of churches to go to, but that's not been my experience. Finding a good church is rare. If you find one, cherish the fellowship and pray for your pastor.
Aloha brother,

I agree. when I left the churches I mentioned, I never stayed to "fight it out"; I never sought "a following"; and I made no attempt to "split" the church (after all, it's God's church - not mine). After testifying to the error or false doctrine that was going on - I would leave. Most American Christians would rather stay and put up with "leaven" than take a stand on the Holy word of God. {It's called Humanism!}

And I also wholly agree with you about the state of the churches in the U.S.A. (and I'm not talking about the "Evangelical" or "Charismatic" churches - I'm talking about the so-called "Fundamentalist" churches.) There aren't plenty of "good churches" around. A "good" sound Bible church is hard to find these days - much harder than 40-50 years ago!