View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 03:53 PM

Default Hello again Will

Thanks Will for your comments - I have spent years trying to find scholarly minds that have written books defending the KJB but the Christian book stores that I am surrounded by go about as deep Davie & Goliath (the old Lutheran cartoon). It has only been through the access of the Internet that I have started to learn the true KJB side of the argument and once a person has truly heard that the issue is settled in my book.

I was originally put off the KJB onlyist because of people like James White & D.A.Carson who build very convincing straw men and then tear them down artistically, by making themselves appear to be saintly whilst portraying the opposite camp as being unreasonable.

They portray “KJB only” believers as narrow minded Wackos who have a lot of passion but little understanding. But your way of defending the Bible is the most convincing & scholarly that I have ever heard on the issue. I really like your approach Will, to me you are like a modern day Martin Luther (someone who takes what is written & challenges the accepted beliefs of the establishment with real hard truths).

Christendom needs people like you to equip them in this spiritual battle and make them think about what they are really believing. I don’t say all of this to flatter you or put you on a pedestal. But I say it to encourage you, because people like me are learning priceless truths from the labours of your studies.

I just want you to know that you are accomplishing far more than you realise when you answer your critics.

I hope that one day you will either write a book and make it available in pdf format or complete an audio/video series that will be accessible on the net. Because I’m sure that there will be a lot of maturity on this subject that will spring from such a work.

May God bless you for what you are doing

PaulB