View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Let me expound and clarify Brother Scott.

I wrote: "That is so true, Brother Tim. Blind "optimism" is a dangerous thing. I'm sure many thought, "I'll be just fine." Positive thinking is not going to appease a Righteous God, is it?"

When we evacuated to Ft. Worth, Texas, we were able to view a state wide news program on cable. To our amazement, even though there was a mandatory evacuation in Galveston, many people ignored it. The news media interviewed people at beer joints who were having a Storm Party, and laughed as they said, "We'll be okay."

Quote:
Certainly, not all people were blindly optimistic, that is why I said "I'm sure many thought I'll be just fine." Brother Tim and I were making a application and comparison to the blind masses who live in optimism and have no fear of the coming judgment.
Blind optimism is a dangerous thing and positive thinking does not deliver you from the penalty of sin. I'll be just fine will not satisfy the just demands of God toward sin. That was the admonition and warning. That was my heart.

Pray for the "blind" optimistic.
Dearest Brother Forest,
Praise God that you are safe and all those that stayed too, for whatever reason they stayed, which is not always clear or blind. In deed many do not put the weightier matters of judgment in its use, rather will quickly criticize what they do not understand, what I found "inappropriate" (for "Prayer Requests"!) was while we are praising God for his love and mercy it seemed we where judging others and comparing them to those who do not heed the judgments of God. How sad that would be if God had called them to stay!
Never the less Praise God for what he is doing through you, and may all our prayer be for all who God has called, coming or going.
Sincere Love is Christ, Jesus the Son of God