View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 03:33 PM

Default To Biblereader

Hi Biblereader!

Thanks for your comments and it’s nice to hear from you!

I was attending a Pentecostal church not too many miles away from where I live for about four years and they suddenly decided to redesign their services the Rick Warren way, giving out the usual proclamations (i.e. “a new way of doing church”).

I didn’t know much about him then, but made it my business to find out, especially after hearing the quotes that the pastor was making that were Rick’s.

The entire ethos of the church took on a whole new meaning with every sermon coming from that ridiculous paraphrase known as the message. I came away from the services feeling ill, troubled and very very suspicious!

It wasn’t long before I took a four-page document to the overseers critiquing the whole movement as questionable to say the least, but after that I was labelled as “puritan” and behind the times.

I listened to Dave Hunt, David Wilkerson, Jacb Pracsh and many others on the issue before I was finally rebuked for standing on Scripture and realised that I had no place within that body of believers.
There is a link on You tube suggesting that Rick Warren is part of the Council on Foreign Relations, which wouldn’t surprise me at all.

There is a site that seems to be quite in touch on this issue it is: www.crossroads.to

I think what frustrates me the most about Rick Warren is that he has the audacity to redesign church on the basis of the votes of the ungodly which then makes an assembly of unbelievers the majority. To me he is a 21st century Constantine!

I think that Rick as well as Brian McClarran (if I remember right) who is behind the emergent church are plants who have learned all the evangelical lingo with the aim of leading us into the one world religion of the antichrist.

Hope that this has answered you question.

God bless

PaulB