View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 03:20 AM

So everyone has some feelings about this issue and that is good.

let us take it another step but first let's clarify: 1) all our sins ARE forgiven in Christ including the future ones, 2) our fellowship and relationship is secured in Christ by virtue of his finished work of the cross and his resurrection. 3) Our standing before God is secured in Christ but our daily status may change because of sin. I think on this we can all agree.

ok, now Paul say grieve not and quench not the Holy Ghost. Forrest is correct there is no admonishment to unquench or ungrieve. But if Paul said these things it is obvious that some have grieved and some have quenched the Holy Ghost.

So if anyone grieves or quenches the Holy Ghost what does that actually mean exactly? How does our quenching or grieving affect on our current status before God? And If we admit that we have done so how does that admission affect on our current status before God.

This thread has been most enlightening for me. I see both sides that which Forrest BroParish and Tbones have been saying and that which the others have been sharing as well.