View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKG View Post
True believers, those in fellowship the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ walk in light (vs 5).
That's not what verse 5 says brother. Here's the verse...

5 "This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all."

Verse 5 doesn't say ANYTHING about "true" believers who automatically or ALWAYS walk in light as Forrest is suggesting they do. It's not there.

You could say that believers ARE LIGHT, and you would be correct, per Ephesians 5:8, but even there we find that believers are URGED TO WALK AS CHILDREN OF LIGHT. Go look at that verse and you will see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKG View Post
Those who have been seduced walk in darkness (vs 6).
I'm sorry brother, the word SEDUCED does not appear in verse 6,
it's not there, not even close. Here's the verse...

6 "If WE say that WE have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, WE lie, and do not the truth"

The word SEDUCED doesn't show up until 2:26, and this is merely a reference to the "many antichrists" who went out from "US" in verse 19, that is "WE" per above, that is the believers John has been addressing since chapter 1.

I'm not trying to argue, and I appreciate your thoughts, but I honestly think the reason people get mixed up in 1 John 1 is because they are reading things into the passages that simply are not there.

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 06-13-2009 at 08:25 PM.