View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Jordan, I am going to accept your apology with one condition. Your erroneous statements were made in a very public forum, YouTube. Our forum is very, very small by comparison. Your apology here is fine, but I would ask that you prepare a video for YouTube, rescinding your earlier statements. I am not asking you to proclaim yourself a KJBO necessarily (though that would be nice) but simply explain your change of thought regarding your original video. There were a number of viewers that participated in the comments section for that video.

P.S. I would still like to discuss with you the point-of-view that you have, but the YouTube method of discussion is very clumsy compared to a forum setting. I understand that you are a PK (preacher's kid) such as I, though I am nearly three times your age. My father's teachings had a tremendous effect on the development of my own convictions, so I would assume similarly for you. I do not intend to dishonor your background training, but even pastors can be wrong.
Aloha Brother Tim,

Again, I find myself in complete agreement with you.

A PUBLIC CONDEMNATION is in need of a PUBLIC APOLOGY and a PUBLIC ADMISSION of Jordan's "error".

Quote:
Matthew 26:75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

Mark 14:72 And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.

Luke 22:60 And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately, while he yet spake, the cock crew.
61 And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
62 And Peter went out, and wept bitterly.

John 21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
The Apostle Peter was truly sorry for his sin of denying Christ, but you will notice: Just as he denied the Lord THREE TIMES - he was made to "affirm" his love for Christ THREE TIMES. It wasn't just - Gee I'm "sorry".

Notice the "difference" between "true repentance" (Peter's) and that of Judas' "repentance":

Quote:
Matthew 27:3 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.
5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.
Judas acknowledged that he was wrong, and that he had sinned - BUT, he didn't turn to God for forgiveness (he went to the "Priests" {men} instead); he didn't turn away from his "sin" (and weep bitterly over it), instead he "repented himself" and then went and hung himself. An "admission of guilt" is NOT enough, there must be a corresponding action on the part of the guilty one. In Peter's case it was confessing to the Lord (in front of the disciples) that he (Peter) truly loved Him. And just as he (Peter) denied the Lord three times, the Lord had him confess to his (Peter's) love for Him - three times.

There are no hard/fast rules to genuine repentance, but the Holy Scriptures give us examples of true repentance (Peter and King David - for example) and false repentance (Judas & King Saul - for example). "Repentance" can be to truth and life, or it can be to error and death. It all depends as to WHAT is in the heart of the one who is doing the "repenting".