View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Hello sis Jennifer!

I am sorry that I haven't gotten back to answer your reply posted here! I have been busy with other things for a bit.

I'm sure that we would have a lot of biblical beliefs in common and, perhaps, some similar experiences as well. Maybe we could chat or email sometime together apart from the Forum. I would enjoy that.

Satan is certainly the god of this world... that's readily visible, as we see the way the world is today. Yes! It is primarily a spiritual battle. Sure, some of it may be physical as well - however, such a physical battle will arise out of a spiritual one. A conflict between God and Lucifer, who wishes to do battle with God. I agree with you that it is so vital to hide His Word in our hearts - we must literally BURROW it there - so that there is no way it can be ferreted out by the enemy. We will have it at the ready, as needed. It's scary to imagine a time when perhaps our Bible will be taken away from us. I feel ashamed, since I used to have so much more Scripture memorized! I went for quite a long period of time without renewing the Word within me - so I found that I had forgotten so much.

Thank you for differentiating between the persecution of the saints and the WRATH of God. Definitely different! We certainly do not wish to be on earth during that wrath!! Then, we would know we had missed the rapture!!

I'm so glad you came out of the legalism of the SDA church. I had met a man online and he was an SDA church member. His father was a minister. He actually admitted to me, when I pointed out several things, that there was error in the doctrine that the SDA church teaches. Sadly enough, he told me that he could not disobey his father by quitting the SDA Church. My question is: Would he rather disobey His HUMAN father or his HEAVENLY Father? He was 40 years old, so that's quite old enough to make a decision and to be confident enough to leave a church, even if his father was a minister, if there was profound error in it.

Like you, I also came out of a very legalistic, Israel/church identity confusion from a church with a lot of doctrinal error (the Worldwide Church of God), also. So, I can understand where you are coming from in that.

I love your vehemance about FAITH/BELIEF being the only requirement for salvation that we have. Everyone must start at that point.

Hebrews 11:6 - "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

I see that you especially love some of the same Books of the Bible that I do: 2 Cor, Eph, 6, Rom 8...

Thank you for the correction, if the remnant is Israel. I have to admit that I'm still learning and somewhat confused from past teachings that I had learned. It's almost like being DE-PROGRAMMED!!! I think we'd better ask brother George on this one!! He seems to be so wisely and excellently prepared to answer any Bible issues. I've always checked his responses in the Bible and find them to be solid and dependable.

Love in Christ,
Jassy
Sister Jassy,

Life does get in the way of our chatboards sometimes. Please never feel rushed if you have occasion to reply to a post from me. Life can get busy. I can wait! I would enjoy chatting or emailing apart from the board sometime, as well.

I spent years away from God's Word except for sporadic reunions lasting days or weeks. I sure hope it's different this time. I think it is.

I'm happy you aren't offended by my last posts. I had to respond because I am intimately aware of where you're coming from with the remnant/enduring to the end to earn/keep salvation & parable of the 10 virgins-I know you didn't post that parable but it is part of the same error so I mention it. None of it has to do with the church.

Here is a doctrine of the Worldwide Church of God under Tkach (it looks familiar!):
Yet Tkach has also taught that believers can lose their salvation by not being overcomers: "Salvation is one thing but overcoming is another. And if we are not interested in overcoming, you can rest assured that salvation is not going to be there. Salvation is a present possession. However, it does not mean once saved always saved in any way, shape or form. You have to overcome and endure to the end" (Joseph Tkach Sr., "Feast of Tabernacles," Sept. 30, 1993). "If the Christian remains faithful and does not turn away from God, his salvation remains firm and secure. In that sense, 'once saved always saved' is right" (Pastor General Report, May 15, 1990).

That is false doctrine. That is an offense to the finished work that Christ accomplished on the cross.

Here I go again...
You said:
Quote:
I love your vehemance about FAITH/BELIEF being the only requirement for salvation that we have. Everyone must start at that point.
I say:
Quote:
Faith is not just the starting point for our salvation. It is the middle point and the ending point. There is nothing else. That's all there is. No works, nothing we can do to earn it. Anything we try to do to earn it is an insult to the finished work of Christ on the cross.
Coming out of these "Christian" cults does require intensive de-programming for the christian to have real assurance and liberty in Christ Jesus. The Holy Spirit does the de-programming using the Word of God and God uses members of the Body to help accomplish His work. I remember after I came out of SDA I turned my back on God and even denied Jesus. I told my friends and family that He is a lie. I am weeping while I type these words. But the Lord didn't deny me. He patiently and lovingly worked in my life until I could no longer deny my need to seek Him again. Even then I still trusted the wrong people; Charismatic tongues, slaying in the spirit, all manner of occult activity in christian guise. But the Lord brought me through all the deception into his pure truth. Salvation is a free gift. We have nothing to give Him that He wants in exchange for the everlasting life He gives to us- except for our faith and complete trust in His provision for us.

I'm glad to ask along with you for brother George's answers to these questions. I believe that he is trustworthy to answer Bible issues giving scriptural support; including the eternal security of the believer, the identity of the remnant, whether it is Israel or the church that has to endure to the end, as well as whether or not there remains anything that must occur before the rapture of the church can take place.

In His Love,

Your sister Jennifer

Last edited by greenbear; 05-29-2009 at 12:14 AM.