Thread: Bad tracts
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 10:02 PM
tandy1650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Did you sign up just to say that?

How does praying a prayer constitute head belief? And noone even said anything about the aisle or altar in this thread... And what is belief but a function of the mind.

Salvation is a single action. It is turning to God. turning from sin and turning to God are two seperate actions.
God grants the Gentiles "repentance unto life. - Acts 11:18

Sorry, you sound like another Paul Washer proselyte, bent on your "war on the sinner's prayer".

Now you are still self righteous. Instead of just asking Christ for salvation, you have now done something! You have repented of your sins. good for you.
I work with a man who says he is a Christian because he believes in Jesus. He gets drunk every weekend and a couple of weeks ago he was kicked out of a bar because he stripped down naked while drunk. I told him just because he says he is a Christian doesn't make him one. He simply comes back and says that he believes in Jesus and doesn't have to go to church to be saved. In short he has deceived himself into believing that he is ready to meet God.

What did the apostle Paul say to the Corinthians?

2Co 12:21 And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

A few verses down he says the following to those same Corinthians.

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Preachers like Steve Anderson make men like the friend I work with a twofold child of hell by soothing their conscience and making them believe all is right with their soul by merely being religious.

Jesus said "repent ye, and believe the gospel." Repentance is also part of the Great Commission.

Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

If you do not preach repentance you are not fulfilling the commission given by the Lord himself.

Once again it is with the heart that men believe unto righteousness. Any faith that doesn't change a man's heart (his inner most being) is not saving faith.

Last edited by tandy1650; 05-08-2009 at 10:12 PM.