View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 07:33 PM
gophgetter

Default Unanswered Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB1789 View Post
Gophgetter:--- Your Thread title and your key verse to back up your claim are Wrong from the git-go! The term "Once Saved, Always saved" comes from the silly attempts of Arminians to bad-mouth/insult/make-fun-of the Biblically-based and backed "Doctrines of Grace."

Amazingly you used a quote from the serpent in Genesis 3 ("you shall not die") in order to call into question one of the great truths of biblical Christianity...which is that: Salvation is of The Lord! Humans don't save themselves. see Romans 5: 8-9 (matter-o-fact, read the whole Epistle to the Romans and see if you can find any "back-up" to your position!)

To help the unsure readers who have read the accusations of the Thread Starter so far and the defamation and twisting of the words of Augustine and Calvin by him and another poster...I shall post a link to the 1689 2nd London Baptist Confession of Faith---and the chapter titled "Of the Perseverance of the Saints". It is rich with Theology and has scripture proofs at the end of each paragraph. In paragraph 1 there is a great line: "...Kept by the power of God"... Amen!

http://www.vor.org./truth/1689/1689bc17.html
Greetings Brother,

Since I have been wrong from the "git-go", maybe you could help straighten me out. I have asked several questions along with scriptures to go with them. It seems that hardly anybody wants to deal with these questions. They only want to tell me how wrong I am and twist my words. Would you care to answer some of these questions? I am not going to take the time to post them again. Just read the posts above and you will find them. I only ask one thing. When you answer these questions, use God's word and not man's word. In other words, use scripture, not commentaries.

Peace