View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 05:17 PM

PB, I don't mean to upset you, but in essence, you teach the same doctrine that gophgetter does, under a different name

The Perseverance of the Saints

According to this doctrine (whether you want to call it Final Perseverance or something else), does not a saint have to "endure to the end to be saved?". If a saint does not endure, then it is evident that they were never saved in the first place? And does not this perseverance of the saints teach that they shall persevere not only in faith, but also in works? If you don't have the works to justify your faith, then your faith is dead?

That is what perseverance of the saints teaches is it not? Because that is exactly what gophgetter is teaching as well. Gophgetter is saying those who sin after salvation have lost it. Your doctrine says they never had it. Same thing. Both are on their way to hell.

Eternal Security is different. When we repent of SIN (not sins), and abhor who we are, sinners, and turn to Christ for salvation, we are written on the palm of his hand, we are given eternal life, we shall never perish, and he shall never leave us. It is very rare for a true believer to fall away from the faith, but those that do, for whatever reason, are kept secure in God's hand. It is God that perseveres for us.

I do not believe in the perseverance of the saints

I believe in the Preservation of the Saints and the Perseverance of Jesus Christ.